Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
The Fulfillment Center Engineering team at Care/of supports a Brooklyn based center that fulfills vitamin, supplements, and powders orders for our customers. Fulfillment associates pack thousands of orders everyday and interact with touchscreens powered by Raspberry Pis. The OpsTech Engineering team is responsible for all software powering the Fulfillment Center.
As the Director of Engineering (OpsTech), you’ll be leading and shaping a team of 4 engineers who are impacting revenue by writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment. You’ll empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality.
- Lead the execution of key strategic initiatives to optimize and process order fulfillment to ensure on time delivery for our customers.
- Manage a team working on various levels of the web, warehouse management system, UI development stacks using Ruby on Rails and Node.js.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a part of the engineering management team.
- Collaborate with fellow engineering managers across other teams and stakeholders across the organization to design, test and iterate on key areas of the product.
- Develop, articulate, and execute a long term vision for your specific area of the technology stack.
Who you are:
You have a strong track record of developing engineers through various career stages, managing high-performing teams, as well as managing core parts of the tech stack. Partnering with cross-functional folks, such as operations, design, product, and marketing, is really exciting to you.
- You have experience building high traffic web applications and services.
- You are comfortable with agile management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects.
- You strive to improve systems, processes and look to remove bottlenecks hampering team productivity.
- You have experience in leading a team to design and deploy applications at scale, and optimizing performance using metrics.
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Experience working in fulfillment center/warehouse management software
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- DevOps experience
- Competitive compensation package because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.