Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
The New Products team at Care/of sits at the intersection of physical products (like our vitamins and protein powders) and digital products (like our website and app). We represent the consumer, as well as Care/of’s P&L, in driving our innovation strategy and roadmap. You will have a central role on this team, helping us imagine the next set of products we’ll launch, setting the strategy for those new products, and bringing them to market - including managing major launches. This is a highly cross-functional role, where you’ll be collaborating with teams across the organization and involved in every aspect of new product launches from product formulation to new digital experiences to packaging design and launch campaigns.
- Inform decisions on what we make and why - build our 2-year product strategy and pipeline by steering analysis, research, and business case development for potential product launches.
- Manage launches of major new product platforms from ideation to go-to-market, including cross-functional planning and project management.
- Drive the strategy for new product launches, including conducting user research to understand consumer needs and creating experiences to solve them.
- Manage and optimize performance of new products and categories once they’re in market.
Who you are:
You are consumer-oriented with 5+ years experience in strategy. You have a strategy background (e.g., management consulting, corporate strategy, or private equity) and experience in a cross-functional, operating role at a consumer-facing brand or company (e.g., brand management, product development, product marketing, etc.)
- Someone who can *really* understand our customer - you’re deeply empathetic when it comes to understanding consumers and enjoy doing user research to inform building innovative, new experiences they’ll love.
- Comfortable with numbers - you make data-driven decisions based on your own or others’ analytical insights and sound business judgment.
- Collaborative, communicative, and organized team player - you thrive in driving long-term, complex cross-functional projects (on time!), working with a wide range of personalities, and juggling multiple priorities at once.
- Structured, self-directed thinker - you’re able to proactively tackle new, ambiguous challenges and develop frameworks to support strategic decisions. You’re able to zoom in and out from high-level strategy to detailed execution.
Extra carrots 🥕(preferred, but not required):
- Personal passion and/or background in health and wellness
- Experience launching new products or experiences
- Experience working in or with high-growth start-ups
- Experience working in e-commerce and/or retail/wholesale of consumer products
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.