Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
As the Fulfillment Manager, you will be responsible for supervising our Fulfillment Center employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. Reporting directly into the Operations Manager, you will plan and assign work, implement and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Ensure effective employee relations while engaging in collaborative employee coaching and development.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Provide weekly KPI progress reports to leadership.
- Collaborate on special projects that drive continuous improvement within the operation.
- Oversee shift resources, production, and output.
- Administer all policies in a timely manner, including time and attendance, along with documented coaching sessions
- Help build out the fulfillment infrastructure, including SOPs, stand-up meetings, and Fulfillment Center culture.
NOTE: Job assignment will either be the AM (5:15 am - 2:15 pm) or PM (2:45 pm - 11:45 pm) shift. Typically we work a Monday - Friday operation, with occasional weekend OT.
Who you are:
You are someone who is excited about developing and coaching a team. You not only thrive off of change and challenges, but you know how to guide a team through them. While demonstrating a history of implementing process improvements, you are an innovative leader excited about joining a startup organization and implementing new, effective processes.
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with 1-2 years of experience at a production facility in a high-growth environment. In lieu of a degree, 4-5 years of experience supervising at a production facility.
- A dynamic leader with experience managing, and motivating a team through engagement incentives.
- Expert communicator and relationship driven leader, brimming with positivity, warmth, and empathy, and a customer-centric mentality.
- A data-driven decision maker with strong analytical thinking who has the ability to proactively identify gaps within fulfillment, and the motivation to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Direct-to-consumer experience at a start-up.
- Nutritional supplements, food, or pharma experience.
- You are creative and innovative in driving solutions- no problem is too complex!
- Experience managing a team and implementing improvements that increase the capabilities of production, output, and most importantly, your team.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.