Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
As the Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that quality is upheld throughout a packaging operation. You will supervise and manage Quality Inspection Associates (QIA) and Quality Material Handlers (QMH) who will be inspecting packaging and labeling to ensure that all specifications have been met prior to release of packaged product. Reporting directly into the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that procedures are followed at all times during your shift at the Fulfillment Center.
PM Shift: Monday - Friday (3:00pm-12:00am)
- Review and approve electronic batch records for packaged products and other quality documentation.
- Address and resolve various quality issues that arise during production, including documentation.
- In collaboration with QA Systems Specialist, QC and Operations teams
- Ensure that only bulk products and packaging components released by Quality are used in production. Manage protocols for holds, rework, and other production deviations.
- Support internal and external audit activities for Care/of quality systems.
- Internal auditing focus: box audits and GMP audits
- Review & monitor environmental controls during shift hours, including temperature, humidity, and cleaning.
- Train new & existing employees on established GMP, GDP, and other quality procedures.
- Manage shift quality metrics and provide regular progress reports to the Quality Manager, including compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Directly responsible for coaching and monitoring the performance of QIA and QMH teams
- Review and approve appropriate logbook documentation including, but not limited to, those used for cleaning and equipment calibrations.
- Responsible for initiating and managing the change control process at the Work Instruction level.
Who you are:
You are someone who has experience in Quality Assurance and/or a GMP environment and are familiar with FDA Regulations. While being proficient in computers, especially software like Microsoft Word and Excel, you are also meticulous when it comes to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Good communication skills.
- A data-driven decision maker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage people, work independently, and within cross-functional teams
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.