Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do
As our Sanitation Team Leader, you demonstrate the ability to lead a staff and communicate effectively, manage the directing and monitoring of work activities of the sanitation team to maximize personnel safety, food safety, and working group efficiency. You follow and are committed to implementing GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) across all sanitation activities.
- Monitor supplies and chemicals as needed, which includes weekly and monthly inventories and ensuring minimum and maximum levels of chemicals and supplies
- Inspect and report food safety issues, potential sources of contamination and site observed pest activity
- Responsible to document cleaning into a Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Post Cleaning Inspection Log and Chemical Titration Log following Good Documentation Practices
- Responsible for the supervision of chemical usage, storage, testing of chemical concentrations and assistance with audits regarding sanitation
- Provide training on sanitation procedures and ensure the effectiveness of cleaning through visual inspections, ATP and allergen swab testing
- Responsible to assist in the development and administration of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and assist with the implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Duties may include items not listed above to effectively serve the business as required including coordination of non-routine cleaning projects
- Safely work with various cleaning chemicals while following SDS guidelines and appropriate PPE
- Understand and implement safety policies, elevated ladder safety, LOTO, chemical types, labeling and warnings regarding mixing chemicals
Who you are
You are someone who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment with the flexibility to work shifts as scheduled (overnight, weekends, holidays) with the goal of keeping the site in a clean and organized manner for operational startup. In past experiences, you have worked with sanitation scheduling, procedures, and policies, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have 1-2 years of sanitation experience in a HACCP, USDA or FDA regulated manufacturing facility in which you have performed cleaning & sanitization of food contact and non-food contact surfaces through both wet- and dry-cleaning methods
- Must be able to conduct basic root cause problem-solving
- Must maintain a positive work environment and be supportive of the team’s functions
- Exposure to varying temperatures or noise levels on a regular basis
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Requires continuous physical activity and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching for long periods of time
- Requires repetitive hand motions
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.