Let's get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do
As a Sanitation Associate, you will perform routine and non-routine cleaning tasks in all areas of the site including production, shipping, warehouse storage, offices, and breakrooms. You are responsible for completing cleaning tasks as defined in the site Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and for proper handling and usage of site approved sanitation chemicals.
- Perform site cleaning and sanitization work activities under the direction of the Sanitation and Food Safety Supervisor and Sanitation Team Lead in compliance with GMPs and site SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) to maximize personnel safety, food safety and working group efficiency
- Inspect and report food safety issues, potential sources of contamination and site observed pest activity
- Perform post-cleaning inspections through visual examination of food contact surfaces, ATP and Allergen swab testing to verify the effectiveness of cleaning
- Duties may include items not listed above to effectively serve the business as required including completion of non-routine cleaning projects
- Safely work with various cleaning chemicals while following SDS guidelines and appropriate PPE
- Understand and practice safety policies, elevated ladder safety, LOTO, chemical types, labeling and warnings regarding mixing chemicals
Who you are
In our Fulfillment Center, you are able to work independently as well as in a team environment with the flexibility to work shifts as scheduled (overnight, weekends, holidays). You have at least a year of sanitation experience in a HACCP, USDA, or FDa regulated manufacturing facility, in which you have performed cleaning and sanitization of food contact and non-food contact surfaces through both wet and dry cleaning methods.
- Must have experience with sanitation procedures and policies
- Must be dependable in both, arriving and completing the work shift and compliance with the attendance policy
- Exposure to varying temperatures or noise levels on a regular basis
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Requires continuous physical activity and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching for long periods of time
- Requires repetitive hand motions
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.