Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed protein, collagen and vitamins straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom supplement recommendations based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose, and has already eclipsed GNC’s valuation in under 4 years operating.
What you’ll do:
As the Director of Growth, you’ll be responsible for driving the topline revenue of our DTC supplement business through paid and organic new customer acquisition. You’ll manage a 7-figure monthly budget across paid channels including Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), Paid Influencer (Instagram, Youtube Vlog), Podcast, SEM, Display, Affiliate and Direct Mail, as well as organic channels like SEO, seeded influencer, email and referral. You’ll manage our testing roadmap and your team of channel managers to find new, creative ways to unlock growth and efficiency for our core consumer business.
This is a highly impactful role for an expert performance marketer with extensive experience in paid customer acquisition, managing internal performance marketing teams and agency partners, and working cross-functionally with design, brand, and physical and digital product teams to drive big results. You must have the unique combination of strong performance marketing chops, empathy and hunger to execute smart, collaborative initiatives that meaningfully accelerate our business.
This is a huge growth opportunity for an experienced Senior Marketer, looking to accelerate their career, skill development, and responsibility while helping grow a leading, VC-backed DTC startup taking on the $43 billion/year vitamin & supplement industry.
- Own our 7-figure monthly acquisition marketing budget across 10+ paid and organic channels.
- Manage and coach a team of three channel managers responsible for executing media buys.
- Drive our testing strategy, partnering closely with channel managers to build 3-6 month roadmaps
- Vet and test incremental opportunities for growth, including new channels, partners, audiences, creative, messaging and landing pages.
- Develop & optimize media plans for new product launches aimed at acquiring incremental customer segments, like our Skin & Hair collection.
- Develop & test media plans targeting new customer personas.
- Lead cross-functional team processes with brand, design, physical and digital product teams to develop high-performing marketing collateral and go-to market strategies for these launches.
- Lead regular reporting on DTC acquisition efforts, keeping other leadership and cross-functional teams up to speed and inform optimization decisions across the top and bottom of the funnel.
- Partner closely with our digital product and data teams to understand customer behavior in our onboarding flow for specific channels, campaigns, and customer segments, to identify opportunities to improve UX, reduce friction, and improve conversion rates.
- Develop rolling demand forecasts and partner closely with fulfillment, finance, and planning teams to ensure adequate labor, capital, and inventory to support the demand you drive.
Who you are:
- Experience driving meaningful (100%+) YOY growth through digital performance marketing, ideally with consumer products.
- A strong strategic thinker who can flex between long term planning and fast, day-to-day optimizations.
- Experience optimizing digital web products through CRO (conversion rate optimization) a must.
- An empathetic leader that loves coaching and supporting the development of their team.
- A natural collaborator, with proven experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve big outcomes.
- Highly analytical. You are someone who is able to glean insights from complex sets of information and communicate them to other stakeholders in a clear, effective way.
- Deep experience evaluating marketing performance for digital brands. You can navigate your way around CPM, CPA, CPC, LTV and other favorite marketing acronyms with ease.
- Proficiency in third party analytics and keyword research tools, like Google analytics, google search console, SEM Rush, and Moz, and CRO tools like Unbounce, VWO or Google Optimize.
- A “no task is too small” attitude. You are action-oriented and move quickly to get things done.
- A hungry performance marketer who is motivated by driving meaningful growth for our brand.
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Direct-to-consumer industry experience
- Nutritional supplements, food, or pharmaceutical experience
- Retail marketing experience
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.