Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
The Fulfillment center engineering team at Care/of supports a Brooklyn based center that runs 24X6 fulfilling valuable vitamin orders for our customers. Fulfillment associates pack thousands of orders everyday and interact with touchscreens powered by Raspberry Pis. The engineering team is responsible for all software powering the fulfillment center.
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, you’ll impact revenue by writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment. You’ll join a fast-moving team of software engineers who enjoy working on software and hardware (Raspberry Pis).
- Think of new ways to optimize and process order fulfillment to ensure on time delivery for our clients
- Work in various levels of the web, warehouse management system, UI development stacks using Ruby on Rails and Node.js
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Work from our Lower Manhattan office or from our fulfillment center in Brooklyn or in a distributed fashion, each with regular visits to our fulfillment center.
Who you are:
You have experience implementing OO principles and TDD, and are familiar with Docker, cloud based infrastructure, and CI/CD. You are enthusiastic about getting to learn new skills and information!
- 6+ years experience in designing, deploying applications at scale. Optimizing performance using metrics.
- A team player who is interested being a part of a highly functioning team whose success you value over individual achievements
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Experience working in Fulfillment center/Warehouse management software
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, Gitlab, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.