Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
Many raw data sources are loaded into our data warehouse every day, and our different departments use regularly updated dashboards to drive strategic decisions. But as analysis expands across the company, you will establish the larger vision of analytics beyond the response to ad hoc requests. Together with our data engineering team, you are ultimately responsible for the accuracy and standardization of reporting across all of the company's functions. The higher goal of the analytics team is always to inform strategy, which requires a skillful balance of immediate business requests with the data team's own vision and judgment of what is important to track and analyze.
As the Manager of Analytics, you come from a company where the primary interface with data is via a query language and a BI tool, and not through Excel. As someone with an understanding of automation and scalability, you are able to work in environments where the underlying data model changes with the rapid development of new features in digital products and the business. You will also manage a small team of analysts while setting the roadmap for the analytics team.
- Triage and prioritize requests across the organization from week to week
- Establish KPIs for a growing, multi-platform enterprise, especially for business partners in marketing, operations, finance, and digital product
- Code-review analysts' SQL, especially when new tables and views are created
- Write ad hoc SQL to answer day-to-day inquiries as they arise
- Create reports and dashboards using our SQL-based business intelligence tools
- Own the data dictionary and standardization of metrics
- Coach and support our analysts with empathy and guidance in their career paths
- Collaborate closely with data engineering to model data in a scalable way, in the service of a BI tool
Who you are:
You are someone with a background in a quantitative field (math, statistics, computer science, economics, physics, etc.) and have analytical experience from tech startups or similar companies. Along with strong technical skills, you understand how important career growth and mentorship is to our team of analysts.
- Experience supporting and managing technical teams
- High proficiency with SQL
- Experience managing a modern BI tool (Looker, Periscope, Mode)
- An excellent teacher and storyteller
- Subscription business experience
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.