“We are growing like a weed! And are looking for an experienced electrical technician who wants to grow with us as we build automation into our operation.” - Director of Maintenance
Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you'll do:
At Care/of, our Maintenance Technicians contribute to the overall success and productivity of our Fulfillment Center; a big center point of our business. You’ll be expected to diagnose and repair all machine malfunctions to ensure production efficiencies and quality, reporting into our Director of Maintenance with weekly updates related to our machinery projects and breakdowns.
Shift: PM (Monday - Thursday 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM).
Pay: $31/ Hour
- Work safely around mechanical and electrical equipment using lock out/ tag out (LOTO), wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- You will be responsible for using hand tools to perform maintenance and repair of all production machinery, utility machinery, facility maintenance and maintenance record keeping related to manufacturing and production
- You will perform installations, maintain the project lists, maintenance logs, preventative maintenance (PM) programs and related shop records
- You will be expected to make necessary adjustments to machinery with various control switches, dials, buttons, etc.
- Participate in initial training and help develop maintenance technician training program
- Assist and train production personnel with line changes as required
Who you are:
- Lead by example with a safety first mentality when performing work
- Experienced with performing routine PM work on production machinery, following Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) principles coming from a manufacturing background
- Knowledgeable of mechanics and machinery operation and adept with mechanical and electrical blueprint reading
- Possess the ability to operate and adjust production machinery safely and independently
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical issues with production process with the use of direct observation of mechanical systems, schematics, programmable logic controllers (PLC) programs, and diagnostic tools such as voltmeters, amp probes, etc.
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Creative problem-solving skills
- IT Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot PLCs
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.