Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, our Brooklyn fulfillment center team is at the heart of what we do. You will have the important responsibility of leading the People (HR) Strategy by ensuring that we attract the very best talent and make it a great place to work for our passionate team. You’re a strategic, business-minded leader with extensive HR knowledge across organizational development, learning & development, compensation design, and policy design, coupled with strong experience working with employees in production/manufacturing environments and building inclusion across different employee groups/locations.
- Lead overall HR strategy and business partnership for our hyper-growing fulfillment center of 150+ employees
- Develop the HR vision for what the employee experience should be for our fulfillment center and design around that criteria
- Partner with the Head of Fulfillment and Head of People to establish strategic plans, objectives internal processes that align with the broader business strategy
- Lead the design and execution of all People processes for the location, including but not limited to: staff planning, talent acquisition, employee learning & development, compensation planning & design, policy design, and employee relations.
- Strengthen the connective tissue that exists between the Brooklyn fulfillment center and Manhattan HQ through internal comms, events, etc.
Who you are:
You are an HR generalist with experience across multiple disciplines, most notably organization design, compensation design, staffing, learning and development, and employee relations. You have experience leading and developing HR and/or Operations professionals and have the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization. Along with having strong communication skills, you have the ability to demonstrate empathy and trust with employees and leaders.
- A deep understanding and experience supporting non-exempt workers, including how to create a fantastic work environment for them
- Experience translating high-level business plans into strategic, prioritized roadmaps for execution
- Experience in identifying and executing high-value, high-impact efforts on time & on budget
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production industry, or similar environment
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and build new processes
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Direct-to-consumer industry experience
- Nutritional supplements, food, or pharmaceutical (i.e. GMP exposure)
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.