You are unique. So are we.
Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We offer personalized daily vitamin and supplement packs, recommended for people based on their diet and health goals. Delivered with touch of joy. Care/of launched in 2016 and is based in New York City. (And we’re excited to meet you.)
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, our Brooklyn fulfillment center team is at the heart of what we do. Our Director of People, at our Fulfillment Center, will have the important responsibility of leading the People (HR) Strategy by ensuring that we attract the very best talent and make it a great place to work for our passionate team. This opportunity is perfect for a strategic, business-minded leader with extensive HR knowledge across organizational development, learning & development, compensation design, and policy design, coupled with strong experience working with employees in production/manufacturing environments and building inclusion across different employee groups/locations.
- Lead overall HR strategy and business partnership for our hyper-growing fulfillment center of 150+ employees
- Develop the HR vision for what the employee experience should be for our fulfillment center and design around that criteria
- Partner with the Head of Fulfillment and Head of People to establish strategic plans, objectives internal processes that align with the broader business strategy
- Lead the design and execution of all People processes for the location, including but not limited to: staff planning, talent acquisition, employee learning & development, compensation planning & design, policy design, and employee relations.
- Strengthen the connective tissue that exists between the Brooklyn fulfillment center and Manhattan HQ through internal comms, events, etc.
- Head of People
Who you are:
- 8+ years of HR generalist experience across multiple disciplines, most notably organizational design, compensation design, staffing, learning & development, and employee relations
- Experience leading and developing HR and/or Operations professionals
- A deep understanding and experience supporting non-exempt workers, including how to create a fantastic work environment for them
- Experience translating high-level business plans into strategic, prioritized roadmaps for execution
- Experience in identifying and executing high-value, high-impact efforts on time & on budget
- Ability to demonstrate empathy & trust with employees and leaders
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production industry, or similar environment
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and build new processes
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Direct-to-consumer industry experience
- Nutritional supplements, food, or pharmaceutical (i.e. GMP exposure)
- Competitive salary + equity
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Ability to shape a high-growth, dynamic brand
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people in our office in Brooklyn