You are unique. So are we.
Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We offer personalized daily vitamin and supplement packs, recommended for people based on their diet and health goals. Delivered with a touch of joy. Care/of launched in 2016 and is based in New York City. (And we’re excited to meet you.)
What you’ll do
The Maintenance and Engineering team is responsible for the overall success and productivity of our fulfillment center machines. Based out of the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC, we identify the right equipment solutions to drive productivity and quality improvements, and we perform preventative and predictive maintenance of that equipment to allow our operations to run at optimized levels.
As a Senior Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Manager, you will lead our maintenance team and help discover next generation automation solutions by researching new technologies and applying technical subject matter expertise to optimize critical fulfillment processes. You will be our internal engineering expert reporting to our Head of Fulfillment responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics, material flow, and cost analysis.
- Lead the Maintenance team at the fulfillment center, including setting up predictive/preventive maintenance plans, implementing and integrating systems while building the organization
- Provide technical expertise and support to internal and external partners as we make decisions on buying and installing new manufacturing and fulfillment equipment
- Evaluate essential technologies, systems, and tools such as packaging machines, conveyors, quality control systems, and robotics and integrate them in a way that solves business problems and prevents future ones
- Develop equipment requirements and lead facility design projects. Continuously improve processes and equipment selection for industry-leading productivity, ergonomics, and safety
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience designing automation systems touching on innovation, design, manufacturing, and implementation
- Possess engineering knowledge to assess solutions, vendors and be our internal engineering expert
- Experienced with purchasing, operating and maintaining industrial equipment: compressors, conveyors, etc.
- Highly proficient with PLCs, including troubleshooting and programming
- Proficient with building out CMMSs, including developing equipment maintenance schedules and training technicians on processes
- Previous experience working at a start-up
- Six Sigma Experience
- Experience working in FDA regulated industry
- Setting up “green field” (new) facilities
Some benefits and perks of working at Care/of:
- Competitive salary + equity
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Ability to shape a high-growth, dynamic brand
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people