You are unique. So are we.
Care/of is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We use the power of technology, science, and empathy to provide tailored supplement recommendations to our users based on their personal health goals and lifestyle. We make our own line of products, including vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and more, and offer them online via a convenient monthly subscription. Our aim is to help people feel empowered in making the right choices for their health while simplifying and demystifying the process. Our technology makes it possible for customers to get personalized supplements, tailored to their diet, health goals, and lifestyle, in customized daily packs. Will you join us on this journey?
Our Engineering Team:
As a team, we live by and work by our values: be honest, be humble, be thoughtful, and be different; we are building a platform and creating products that we truly believe in and reflect our strong core values. Our engineering team is small but mighty, the 14 of us collaborate closely and work together to build our user-facing website and app and our fulfillment tech. If any of this excites you, why not say hello?
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Frontend: React, React Native
What you’ll do:
- Lead and shape a team of 5-7 engineers. Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality.
- Lead the execution of key initiatives of strategic importance to the company. Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a part of the engineering management team.
- Collaborate with fellow engineering managers across other teams and stakeholders across the organization to design, test and iterate on key areas of the product.
- Develop, articulate and execute on a long term vision for your specific area of the technology stack.
- Partner with the Chief Technology Officer in building and growing a healthy engineering culture.
You might be a good fit if:
- You understand how important career growth and mentorship is to engineers.
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience on product-focused teams.
- You have experience building high traffic web applications and services.
- You’re excited to partner deeply with cross-functional folks—data science, design, product, marketing.
- You are comfortable with agile management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects.
- You strive to improve systems, processes and look to remove bottlenecks hampering team productivity.
Extra carrots 🥕:
- You have experience building out scalable front end architecture using technologies like React
- You have experience building technologies that power fulfillment centers
Some benefits and perks of working at Care/of:
- Competitive salary + equity
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Ability to shape a high-growth, dynamic brand
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people