Jobandtalent is a digital platform which aims to transform the labor market and make it more efficient and fair.
We want to help companies hire the best professionals in a more flexible way, improving their productivity while helping millions of workers increase their employability, income and quality of life.
About the company
Jobandtalent is headquartered in Madrid, Spain, where it was founded in 2009, and since then it has obtained financing worth more than 80 million euros from the best technological risk capital funds in Europe such as Atomico, DN Capital, FJ Labs , Quadrille, USM, Kibo Ventures, JME and GP Bullhound; being one of the most valued Spanish startups internationally.
Behind a technological platform that employs tens of thousands of workers in hundreds of companies, we have a team of 320 employees distributed in offices in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia and France.
2018 has been a year of consolidation for Jobandtalent, where revenues have multiplied by 3 compared to 2017, reaching 136 million Euros. The company has obtained employment for more than 25,000 workers and has begun to work with some of the biggest employers in the world, such as Amazon, Cabify, JustEat, Sanitas, Correos Express, Ebay, H & M, El Corte Inglés, etc.
The future plan is to continue growing in current markets and open new countries. We have the support of international investors who bet on the project and who have experience in investing in other startups and global companies such as Uber, Facebook, Auto1, Blablacar, Google or Skype.
Our work culture
At Jobandtalent we look for people committed to our mission to change the job market. The main characteristic of Jobandtalent employees is that we all believe in a mission and do everything necessary to achieve it.
For that reason, we want ambitious people, who like to work autonomously to achieve their goals, with creativity and without fear of being wrong.
We have created an environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration, continuous improvement, a high level of demand and a flat organizational structure with multidisciplinary teams.
Our offices are equipped with common areas to rest, think and interact, and every Friday we make our Updates, in which we talk about our goals, challenges and recent achievements, as well as our future plans as a company.
As an Accountant, you will be part of the Finance Team and your goal will be to ensure high quality of the reporting, analyze financial performance and advise on financial reporting and similar issues. Your main tasks will consist of weekly and monthly reporting to local management and the headquarter in Madrid as well as managing the books on a day to day basis.
- Year- and month end closing
- Weekly review of sales and expenses – ensuring margins are correct
- Tax reporting of VAT, Social contribution and income taxes
- Review and issue of all sales invoices on a weekly basis
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Credit control and cash collection reporting
- Analyse and advise on our financial performance
Requirements and Skills
- Relevant academic experience or other higher education within relevant field
- Strong interest in the gig economy and excitement to challenge the status quo, previous experience from startups is an advantage
- Problem solver with attention to detail, experience with process design and improvement
- Knowledgeable of Swedish GAAP and accounting procedures
- Proficient in excel and Swedish accounting systems, experience working with Oracle is a merit
- Fluency in Swedish and English, spoken and written, Spanish is a plus
What we offer
- The chance to have an impact in one of the fastest growing startup companies in Europe.
- A global team formed by dynamic, highly skilled and ambitious people
- A competitive salary