Jobandtalent is an on-demand staffing marketplace that aims to make the labor market much more liquid and transparent, helping companies to hire in a more flexible way and with the mission of being part of the reduction of the unemployment in the world. We at Jobandtalent have created a Workforce as a Service (WaaS) platform in order to make the labor market flexibilization beneficial for both companies and workers.
Our offices are located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, and we have plans of further expansion to France and Italy by the end of the year.
The culture at Jobandtalent is defined by 4 pillars: Ownership, Agility, Adaptability and Data driven. We define our employees as “Visionary Executors”; dynamic and motivated people that work towards the company’s mission by heavily executing, with creativity and autonomy, an extremely aggressive business plan that will change the way the labor market works. We have created an environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement, which has no internal barriers and a flat organizational structure with multidisciplinary teams. Each of our employees enjoys great responsibility, but also flexibility and the opportunity to develop their creativity.
Our offices are equipped with common areas to rest, think and talk, and every Friday we have our update sessions, where we will be talking about our recent goals, accomplishments and how we look into the future as a company.
We are seeking a developer with strong Ruby/Rails skills but we believe in the power of T-shaped developers able to move from one language or technology to a different one by having an extensive knowledge in foundations, principles and practices allowing them to learn the next implementation detail on the job.
In this position you will have to use your skills to improve our product, data architecture, implement robust, high quality code allowing us to scale to more use cases, countries and languages, helping people to employ and be employed in a frictionless way.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience
And this skill set would make you an ideal candidate:
- Advanced PHP experience would be a huge plus.
- You're a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Go, Scala, Erlang, …)
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments
- You are very familiar with relational databases and modelling (we use and love Postgres). You "respect" them at scale and cache everything
- You've used non relational (NoSQL) databases or at least they are on your radar (we use Redis and DynamoDB)
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at jobandtalent
- Yearly conferences budget
- Equity package
Complete flexible working hours & remote working
A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
Discount on Health insurance
- Competitive salary
- Work with cutting edge technologies with a product which make a difference in people lifes
Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people around the world
Join us in one of the hottest startup of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!
This position is based in Uppsala, Sweden.