Jobandtalent is an on-demand staffing marketplace that aims to make the labuor market much more liquid and transparent, helping companies to hire in a more flexible way and with the mission of being part of the reduction of the unemployment in the world. We at he labour market has evolved from a very structured state into an extremely flexible one. Companies are demanding flexibility which has resulted in the growth of liquidity in the market. However, the flexible state of the labour market is also leaving the workers in a vulnerable and unprotected employment situation. We at Jobandtalent have created a Workforce as a Service (WaaS) platform in order to make this labour flexibility beneficial for both companies and workers alike. Our offices are located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, and we have plans of further expansion to France and Italy by the end of the year.
The culture at Jobandtalent is defined by 4 pillars: Ownership, Agility, Adaptability and Data driven. We define our employees as “Visionary Executors”; dynamic and motivated people that work towards the company’s goal through thorough execution combined with creativity and hence putting us on the path to achieve, an extremely aggressive business plan that will disrupt the entire labour market. We have created an environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement, which has no internal barriers and a flat organizational structure with multidisciplinary teams. Each of our employees enjoys great responsibility, but also flexibility and the opportunity to develop their creativity.
Our offices are equipped with common areas to rest, think and talk, and every Friday we have our update sessions, where we will be talking about our recent goals, accomplishments and how we look into the future as a company.
Business Intelligence Analyst
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for the Data Science & Product team (see JE Blog Post). The perfect candidate should have a deep interest in digging and understanding the data to help make better business decisions.
This position is part of the Data Science team based in Barcelona, but it will be one of the many BI/Data Analysts embedded into the main product teams located in Madrid. This role brings a high level of responsibility and the candidate needs to show a good mix between the Business and the Data, having strong business acumen as well as data technical skills.
Its main goals include: understanding the details of the company products, building exploratory reports and investigations, and automatize the most consolidated ones within our ETL in collaboration with the rest of the Data team. You should implement in-deep analysis, create and update dashboards and reports that highlight the data insights to the business. You will be the person in charge of answering questions hidden in the data, performing strong data analysis and investigations. As well as visualizing the results in the most clearer and automatized way.
- Perform data analysis from (un-)structure data (SQL/Python), retrieving data from different sources, performing some data investigations, getting insights, making some hypothesis, proving them, etc.
- Perform data visualizations and reports (Excel/Dashboards), understanding in detail the Business, preparing the dashboards and visualization that better help answering the questions. Trying to be always one step ahead.
- Having the capacity of understanding different businesses models and concepts, in order to improve them with the help of the data.
- Implementing, with the Data team, the steady data processes/pipeline within our ETL (Python).
- Make decisions and implement solutions based on your analysis.
- Do daily follow-ups and help your project become a success.
The candidate should be located in Madrid performing frequent trips to Barcelona where the Data Science team is based.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field.
- Excellent in retrieving data with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills with a deep understanding of graphs and visuals.
- Good with Python for analysis frameworks.
- Interest in understanding the Business logic and identify data insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- A plus if previous experience with ETL pipelines.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Fluent in Spanish is a strong plus.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Equity package
- Yearly conferences budget
- Discount on Health insurance
- A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
- Free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee 24/7)
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
Join us in one of the hottest startups of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!