Jobandtalent is an on-demand staffing marketplace that aims to make the labor market much more liquid and transparent, helping companies to hire in a more flexible way and with the mission of being part of the reduction of the unemployment in the world.
The labor market has evolved from a rigid state into an extremely flexible one. Companies are demanding flexibility which has resulted in the growth of liquidity in the market. However, the flexible state of the labor market is also leaving the workers in a vulnerable and unprotected employment situation.
We at Jobandtalent have created a Workforce as a Service (WaaS) platform in order to make the labor market flexibilization beneficial for both companies and workers. As a result of Jobandtalent WaaS:
- Companies don’t need to hire workers in their books anymore, as they can have workers on demand, saving huge unnecessary labor costs, and having much more capability to attend high demand peaks.
- Jobandtalent workers are given performance incentives to build a trajectory with it; this result in decrease of idle periods and therefore a more secure employment stability for them.
We currently have offices located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, with plans of further expansion to France and Italy by the end of the year - being present in a combined market of more than USD $100 billion inside a global market of USD $450billion.
In 2016, we decided on a strategic turn, transforming from a sales ads platform to a fast recruitment company leveraged by a strong digital platform. Within the past three years, following a strong restructuring, Jobandtalent has operated with a new business model which has been proven to be very successful.
Today, the company competes with the largest interim recruitment services companies in the world, such as Adecco and Randstad, having the huge competitive advantage that is our technology. We have raised more than €100 million backed up by amazing VCs such as Atomico, DN Capital, FJ Labs, Quadrille, USM, Kibo Ventures, and GP Bullhound; and the company is presenting a 500% YoY growth.
- 10x revenues growth in 2017.
- Some of our most relevant clients: Telefonica, Orange, Vodafone, Huawei, Just Eat, Sanitas, Starlite, Stubhub, H&M, El Corte Inglés, Uber, Cabify, Flex, OTL, Postnord, Banco Santander. - Our core industries: Hospitality, Logistics, Call Center, Events, Construction, Retail.
- Our main competitors: Coople, Silt Catapult, Siftgig, Wonolo (USA), Cornerjob, Jobtoday, Adecco, Randstad, Manpower.
The culture in Jobandtalent is defined by 4 pillars: Ownership, Agility, adaptability and Data driven. We define our employees as “Visionary Executors”; dynamic and motivated people that work towards the company’s mission by heavily executing, with creativity and autonomy, an extremely aggressive business plan that will change the way the labor market works. Jobandtalent relies on a rock-solid triple-A core team with professionals coming from Uber, Rocket Internet, Yahoo, EA, Betfair, and McKinsey, among others.
We are seeking a motivated Backend Developer for the Data Science team (see JE Blog Post). The perfect candidate is willing to work in a very independent team, that can decide the best technology to use in order to solve a variegated set of challenges. You should be comfortable to switch between different programming languages and/or frameworks, even though previous experiences with Scala and Python will be helpful.
We are working on multiple projects that span from Scala services for NLP and Information Retrieval problems (ranking of candidates, recommendation systems, etc.), Python prototypes of Machine Learning models (automatically trained and execute within our ETL), APIs that needs to run and monitor very complex optimisation problems.
The Data Science team is a very diverse team in terms of experiences and skills, and that is our straight point when facing new complex challenges. We need to design and implement the best solution for any new problem that is presented to us without the sacrifice of a strong and high-qualitative code.
If you like the challenges, learning from different areas, and you are not scared of such a dynamic environment, you just have to apply.
The candidate should be based in Barcelona with periodically (bi-monthly) meetings in the Madrid headquarter.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field.
- 4+ Year experience as Backend Developer.
- Proven experience building and maintaining micro services and APIs.
- Experience in writing production-quality code.
- Bonus points if you have experience in Scala/Java and Python.
- Fluent in English.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
What we offer
- Working in the wonderful city of Barcelona
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Equity package
- Yearly conferences budget
- Discount on Health insurance
- A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
- Free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee 24/7)
- Very dynamic working environment, we guarantee that you won't get bored!
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
Join us in one of the hottest startups of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!