Jobandtalent is an on-demand staffing marketplace that aims to make the labuor market much more liquid and transparent, helping companies to hire in a more flexible way and with the mission of being part of the reduction of the unemployment in the world. We at he labour market has evolved from a very structured state into an extremely flexible one. Companies are demanding flexibility which has resulted in the growth of liquidity in the market. However, the flexible state of the labour market is also leaving the workers in a vulnerable and unprotected employment situation. We at Jobandtalent have created a Workforce as a Service (WaaS) platform in order to make this labour flexibility beneficial for both companies and workers alike. Our offices are located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, and we have plans of further expansion to France and Italy by the end of the year.
The culture at Jobandtalent is defined by 4 pillars: Ownership, Agility, Adaptability and Data driven. We define our employees as “Visionary Executors”; dynamic and motivated people that work towards the company’s goal through thorough execution combined with creativity and hence putting us on the path to achieve, an extremely aggressive business plan that will disrupt the entire labour market. We have created an environment based on trust, transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement, which has no internal barriers and a flat organizational structure with multidisciplinary teams. Each of our employees enjoys great responsibility, but also flexibility and the opportunity to develop their creativity.
Our offices are equipped with common areas to rest, think and talk, and every Friday we have our update sessions, where we will be talking about our recent goals, accomplishments and how we look into the future as a company.
We’re looking for a motivated & pro-active Android Engineer. You will work improving the app, building beautiful user interfaces and implementing new features, that adheres to Material design and software development best practices. You'll be working closely with your product manager and designers as well as developers from other teams in order to create the best possible mobile experience.
What are we looking for:
- At least 3-5 years experience with Java programming language and Android framework.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to write Unit and UI tests for your code
- Experience with Git, GitHub and Android Studio.
- Knowledge of working with JSON through various interface types like REST or Ad-hoc APIs
And this skill set would make you an ideal candidate:
- Experience or interest in Kotlin is a plus!
- Knowledge of technologies we work with: Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso, Jenkins
- Experience working with a UI design system
- Staying at the forefront of emerging Android trends
- Participating actively in Open Source project
- At least 1 demonstrable App published in Google Play
- Attending often to meetups and software conference
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing, even when you work remotely
- Working in the wonderful city of Madrid
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Competitive salary in the 40k-50k range depending on experience
- Equity package
- Yearly conferences budget
- Free fruit, free drinks and free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee)
- Join us in one of the hottest startup of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
We have offices both in Barcelona and Madrid. This position is for our Madrid office only.