Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
As the Head of Product Integrity, you will be at the forefront of our mission to ensure trustworthy transactions and delightful experiences across Careem's SuperApp Platform. This role demands a dynamic leader who can blend operational excellence, technical acumen, and data science proficiency. You will collaboratively engage with product leaders, ensuring proactive and forward-leading integrity measures. This is an invitation to contribute to the most meaningful work of your career- creating the forefront integrity organization in the region.
- Set the integrity vision and roadmap to make this the forefront integrity team
- Define annual goals for fraud and abuse prevention and protection.
- Craft and articulate a comprehensive risk policy that adeptly navigates the delicate balance between robust fraud prevention measures and the imperative of minimizing adverse effects on legitimate users, or 'good actors.
- Build and grow a high throughput and high-performance team empowered and enabled by the right tools, infrastructure, and operation.
- Lead the development of the integrity platform, rules, and machine learning models.
- Collaborate closely with the data team leveraging their analytical expertise to unearth intricate trends and insights. Guide analysis and ML design to direct the data team to highest priority and highest leverage areas to be a proactive integrity team.
- Work closely with product teams across Careem to ensure the safety of new product launches.
- Build and improve capabilities for dispute management and collaborate with FinOps to safeguard Careem’s interests.
- Manage both the tactical firefighting incidents and the strategic approach for fire prevention.
- Proven experience in setting up, managing, and growing a comprehensive integrity team, covering product managers, engineering, data science, integrity infrastructure, operations, and reviewers.
- Experience in payments and FinTech.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Strong product leadership skills.
- Demonstrated agility in delivering results amidst highly-adversarial attack patterns related to financial fraud, fake accounts, and inauthentic coordinated behavior.
- Effective influencer of policies and organization-wide product features and roadmaps to address and prevent product and policy vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of ML techniques and anti-fraud tools, their market positioning, and application.
- Comfortable in managing pressure and keeping a calm and structured work environment.
- Ability to attract and retain top talent, fostering a culture of excellence.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.