Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
Associate Director - Enterprise Sales
About the Role
As an Associate Director for Enterprise Sales in the Ads team, you will be leading and owning the sales strategy and GTM process for Careem’s Advertising division, a new revenue stream to leverage our everything app, and enable growth for our partners. This role is a crucial Leadership role and requires experience in setting up sales teams and GTM strategy, building incentive structures for sales teams, and aligning with account management teams to sell effectively. The key purpose of the role is to drive the sales strategy, as well as mentor and train the account management teams on effective selling. This is a unique early stage opportunity to shape the future of a new and exciting business line for Careem, and the role would act as a co-founder in building the future of Careem’s advertising unit.
What you'll do
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the ads workstream, working closely with the markets, different lines of business and product leads
Defining the Careem Ads value proposition: Based on understanding of partner’s needs and our strengths, define the unique value proposition for Careem Ads that helps unlock sustainable growth of Ads revenues through leadership and collaboration: Setting up the operating model for ads sales, working closely with the other business leaders and their sales teams. Working closely with with the product team to guide the roadmap to power the commercial value proposition
- Team Development: Mentor sales and account managers across Careem and equip them with relevant skills/tools for ads sales
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class team, guided by first principles from science and economics, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
What you'll need
- 6-8 years of proven track record leading enterprise/agency ads sales across the MENA region
- Sound understanding & experience of marketing deals, digital Ads Ecosystem for both Online & Offline experiences
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and enforcing cross functional processes
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to transmit across different level stakeholders
- Analytical with a strong bias for data-based decisions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Impact driven with experimentation and simulation mindset, with experience in common pitfalls and avoiding being fooled by randomness.
- Proactiveness and Clarity: Proactively unblocking and managing cross-vertical and cross-functional dependencies and communication.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.