Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Join a vibrant and autonomous team committed to elevating the services provided by Global Finance. Aligned with shared values of ownership, aiming for ambitious goals, and dedicated service to customers, partners, colleagues, and captains. The Technical Accounting Manager will collaborate closely with finance and business stakeholders to boost the efficiency and profitability of the business vertical. This involves aiding in the development and execution of financial plans and reporting on business performance.
The Manager, Technical Accounting is a global role at Careem who will provide guidance on Technical accounting for business transactions undertaken or to be undertaken by Careem Group including Merger & Acquisitions if any , formalization of Technical Memos, alignment with Auditors and Senior management and implementation within Careem.
What you'll do
- Provide Technical Accounting guidance to the relevant team(s) to ensure Careem reporting as per IFRS and relevant GAAP.
- Ensure the discussions are firmed up in the form of Accounting Memo and/or Revenue tracker with all key and relevant aspects of transaction(s) and input from all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure Accounting Memo are pre aligned with relevant stakeholders including Uber, E& and Auditors before implementation within Careem.
- Keep liaison with Uber & E& Technical Accounting team to ensure US GAAP & IFRS impact of relevant business transactions are understood and accordingly accounted for in Consolidation ledgers.
- He/she will also be the liaison between the Accounting team, Uber & E& Technical Accounting team and Auditors with respect to all Technical Accounting aspects.
- Managing relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders in Careem, Uber & E& to ensure compliance.
- Keep abreast with latest IFRS/GAAP pronouncements so that Careem accounting policies and Financials statements templates complies with all necessary new adoption and reporting needs.
- Lead SOX control design and implementation within Careem.
What you'll need
- You are a qualified accountant (ACCA, CA, ICAEW, CPA)
- You have 3 plus years of post qualification work experience
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills and high attention to details for accuracy
- You are familiar with ERP environments
- Your are excellent with Microsoft word, powerpoint, and excel
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.