Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
What You'll Do
Prepare and monitor the business' long-range strategic planning models, and drive capital allocation and strategic decision making in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Drive an efficient and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and establishing financial and operational targets that are aligned with our strategic objectives, tech roadmaps and commercial/operational plans.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to improve/revamp the framework and process for capital allocation, to maximize ROI and enhance rigor in financial decision making.
- Partner with other teams to monitor competitive and customer intelligence, macro-economic data and technology trends, to enable well-informed and sound financial and strategic decision making.
- Track and analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address and resolve issues that impact financial results, as well as with business and functional teams to provide fact-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets and/or improve profitability.
In addition, work closely with other leaders in Finance on a day-to-day basis, as well as to identify and execute on opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of the broader Finance team as a whole.
What You'll Need
This role is for you if you aspire to build a best-in-class Strategic Finance function at a leading technology company in MENA, and meet most of the following requirements:
- 4-7 years of relevant professional experience in FP&A or Business Finance, ideally in technology companies within MENA. However, it does not need to be entirely in Finance roles. Non-finance experiences in roles involving strategic planning, or business / P&L ownership will be considered relevant and might be preferred depending on the exact nature of the experience.
- Strong functional knowledge about financial planning processes, and ability to drive implementation of world class systems and tools to enhance
- Commercial acumen, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to be able to understand the industry, competitors and our business across service lines and markets, to identify trends, risks and opportunities, and to support decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively present analysis and recommendations (vs just reporting numbers), and drive collaboration across the organization on cross-functional topics.
- Self-starter and be able to work with limited guidance, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.