Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the job
As the Head of Quality Engineering, you will lead Careem’s automatic and manual software testing practices and efforts - across all their products - and ensure that their products meet our high standards for our customers.
Reporting to the CTO, you will work closely with product, architects and engineering leaders across Careem to ensure we build best-in-class software products that simplify and improve the lives of people.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, a quality driven mindset, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Lead the Quality organization: You will lead the Quality organization at Careem, to implement high quality standards for design and deployment of software, support a highly scalable, easy to maintain, Infrastructure platform and design for users and content 360. Support the Engineering, Infrastructure, Data & AI and Analytics team.
- Quality strategy: You will define and implement the quality strategy for Careem and co-lead the roadmap to deliver high quality products and world-class user experiences. You will institutionalize a Quality driven mindset at every level of the product development lifecycle.
- Careem-wide Tech Leadership: You will work with different stakeholders at a senior level and engage proactively with all Careem engineering leads in different domains across our Food, Groceries, Platform and Pay businesses.
- Tech culture: You will help strengthen the tech culture at Careem as a tech culture champion. And you will help attract talent and grow the Careem engineering brand by publishing technical blogs and participating in tech conferences.
- This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer
- 15+ years of prior experience working as Quality leader role as well as managing customer/client-facing projects.
- Experience in Testing strategies and best practices for software development life cycle.
- Experience in state of the art test automation frameworks and methodologies for mobile and backend systems
- Experience in designing and maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in distributed virtualized or containerized environments.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.