Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Food all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you'll do
- Field Sales Job - To identify, target, sales pitch & commercial closure of restaurant / food outlet partners and on-board them to the Careem Food Delivery network.
- Restaurant types would include large food chains (top tier), medium & small food outlets (long tail).
- Identify high potential geographic clusters / localities within the city with high restaurant density, catering to a range of cuisines, suitable customer profile and target them for Food Delivery business.
- On-board partners live on other platforms & go beyond (build the competitive edge by targeting & closing long tail). Cluster by Cluster approach.
- Negotiate & Close - Commercials / Exclusivity / Consumer Deals & Offers from Restaurant Partners
- Submit the Sales plan as per the set objectives.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities to analyze the sales prospects.
- Receive the leads from lead generation team, communicate with them and convert the leads to sales.
- Interact with customers and create brand awareness on time to time basis by meetings and cold calls
- Actively maintain the record and inform the leadership for contacted and not contacted leads
- Ensure all records are entered into personal and automated follow-up processes.
- Support in gathering accurate and original logo and menu items picture from client restaurants.
- Convince customers and restaurant partners to subscribe for the online payment gateway.
Core responsibility will be to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting day to day activities including:
- Sales calls
- Create presentations
- Create sales meeting reports
- Daily signed contract report
- Coordination meeting report: Including new and existing restaurants
- Create client meeting report
What you'll need
- At least 1-2 years experience in a field sales or business development role; achieving weekly/monthly targets consistently
- Education level minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Excel and similar software tools.
- Exceptional & Strong Negotiation skills
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Experience in acquisition role with a proven track record in direct and channel sales, especially in closing deals.
- Highly motivated with a “hunting spirit” to develop new opportunities and grow business in multiple technology dimensions within the Food/Service Providers space.
- You are excellent at working in teams and are comfortable collaborating with local, regional and corporate teams
- Working in pressure situations with stretched targets and limited resources and coming up with smart tech based ideas to solve problems.
- Ownership, High energy & Self driven
- Should be tech / net savvy - have a flair for E-commerce / Internet led business
- Good knowledge of Dubai Market
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.