Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Senior Supply Associate role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way to deliver a first-class service.
What you'll do
As a Senior Supply Associate in Careem, you will have the chance to grow in different business areas and understand the core strategies underlining marketing, sales, customer relations, problem solving and analysis. You will be responsible for handling the core of our business which is our captains. The Senior Supply Lead will mainly be handling key day-to-day activities that will assist the team in the growth, performance, and quality of the supply.
- Supply acquisition - Acquire supply for the meeting the requirements of the business and provide best in class reliability and supply experience for Careem Customers.
- Collaborate with Marketplace supply teams or create a dedicated fleet based to meet this goal
- Lead cross functional supply related projects
- Vendor Management - manage vendor relationships to increase supply on the Careem Platform
- Day-Day Supply Operations - ensure reliability and experience across all delivery vertical on a daily basis
- Actively contribute to the data-driven environment of Careem with best practices, methodology and data visibility
- Forecasting acquisition trends and onboarding Captains based on demand projections
- Maintain delivery KPIs including delivery time, fulfillment and Captain performance
- Captain retention, loyalty and engagement
- City operations - Help the team in testing out new rollouts and helping in collecting captain feedback
- Captain support - Extend support to the captains on daily basis by troubleshooting their problems/issues on the ground
What you'll need
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working in similar industry and role
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, own projects and work with multiple stakeholders to drive the project to the finish line
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position. Preferably Industrial engineering
- Strong analytical capabilities, mastery of Excel is required. Bonus points for technical ability in SQL/Python/Tableau
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Technical skills: Reporting, analytical, SQL preferably , python, Advance Excel - writing codes, macros
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.