Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
At Careem, we are driven by our purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Our ambition is to be the region’s everyday Everything App. This means creating a platform that hosts daily services, helping people that need to move around, order things, pay for services or transfer money. Today, we operate in 10 countries and over 70 cities in the MENAP region.
Whilst we are headquartered in Dubai, our teams are multicultural and span across several countries. We are focused on hiring for culture, talent and a passion for unleashing the region’s potential; driving progress in the communities.
About the role
Careem has decided to complement our transportation offering on the Everything App through our car rental product line. As the Lead Product Manager, you will lead a dedicated cross-functional squad. You will be responsible for defining and executing the product strategy, driving the development roadmap, and collaborating with various teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking, customer empathy, data analysis, strong leadership skills and heavy collaboration with strategic supply partners.
This is a high-impact and a highly entrepreneurial role. You will be pivotal to shaping the future of Careem’s car rental service. You should apply if you are comfortable with ambiguous problems, and take a hypotheses-led approach to making recommendations, testing those hypotheses in smart ways without concrete structured data. You will need to communicate to leadership at all levels
- Establish the product vision and strategy for Car Rental, including building a view of what are the winning value propositions to go after, and how to translate them into product experience
- Lead the thinking on the core product choices, and facilitate leadership decision-making with strong fact-base that is rooted in deep customer insights and data-driven hypotheses
- Be the liaison on all things product and tech with the partners, ensuring right alignment, prioritisation and focus with their squads.
- Translate product vision into a strategy and plans, with clear measurable definition of success
What you'll need to succeed:
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership
- Relentless focus on user experience and attention to detail.
- Built and scaled global consumer products, especially in 0-to-1 phases
- A strong ability to effectively use quant and qual data to perform business analysis and inform product strategy/decisions
- Strong experience working in an experimentation driven product environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of engineers and data scientists to deliver world-class products.
- You are an excellent and concise communicator with any audience. You can easily explain complex concepts to people with no domain or technical knowledge.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.