Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Our global User Experience Research team is a central team supporting the superapp, rides, food, groceries, pay, loyalty, and multiple other verticals within Careem. We design for human needs. This requires us to deeply understand the behaviors of the people behind them. Since we are currently located in the Middle East region and cater to a huge diversity of people from across the globe, it gives us a chance to understand the rich cultures, habits and attitudes of a variety of users. Well, this isn’t it, even though we have a great office space, we also have the flexibility of working from home 3 days a week.
The UXR team is currently looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our Super App team. You should be intuitive, empathetic, and curious. We expect you to conduct end-to-end user research in all aspects of our customer experience and work closely with strategic partners in technology and product teams independently. This is a great opportunity to bring to life our key initiatives across mobility, food delivery, and payments as well as learn from some of the best UX experts in the industry
What you'll do
As Quant UX Research Lead you will be a key advocate of the users at Careem. You are expected to bring innovation to everything you do helping shape and lead the user centric future at Careem. You will get to shape product experiences, from the very first conversation with the stakeholder through to implementation and feedback/improvement of the experience.
You will utilize design thinking and analytical methods to create the best possible solutions along with product managers and designers for your products and you will use effective storytelling techniques to communicate with and to energize your stakeholders.
- Defining problems using data, Creating proposals (objective, TG, key questions, methodology, timelines, deliverables), Recruitment questionnaire (RQ), Designing surveys and feedback questionnaires, Building visual reportings (slides,dashboards, reports)
- Workshop planning, brainstorming/whiteboarding
- Generating segments (personas), journey maps and blueprints
- Define information architecture, pricing, experience measurement, trends mapping
- Quantitative validation of insights (max diff, surveys, SUS, ease of use, pricing etc.)
- Influencing strategic decision making
- Building best-practices for survey design, data granularity/fidelity, reporting methods and continuous tracking
- Coaching and mentoring researchers on techniques and outcomes
What you'll need
- MA/MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics experience in a related field
- At least 5+ years of previous experience working with research or consulting organizations or within consumer insights teams of high-performing organizations
- A thorough understanding of the entire range of quantitative research processes and methods with deep interest and knowledge in one or more areas
- Substantial appreciation of qualitative research methods and ability to translate qualitative hypotheses to quantitative research objectives
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and how research can help at each stage
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication and storytelling skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.