Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
The Corporate Development team at Careem is responsible for M&A, Value Creation, Investor Relations and Fundraising.
What you'll do
M&A and Value Creation:
Take the lead in sourcing new investment opportunities across multiple geographies in MENA and segments in line with our corporate strategyActively initiate and manage relationships with external stakeholders including entrepreneurs, investors, bankers and other investment professionals Thoroughly assess investment opportunities in collaboration with stakeholders and make recommendations to our executive leadership to drive deal decisionsManage the end-to-end deal process from sourcing to closing Support with post-deal integration and portfolio management, risk monitoring and red flag reporting across the portfolioProvide insights on market activity
Investor Relations and Fundraising:
Responsible for all investor communication materials and documents, including presentations, quarterly and monthly reports, information memos, etc.Responsible for ensuring a strong relationship with investors and the boardManage fundraising process and assist with development of investor roadshows, as and when required
You will report into the VP of Corporate Development and Strategic Finance.
What you'll need
- 10+ years of professional experience in CorpDev/PE/VC roles, with a preference for deal experience with technology companies in MENA
- Ability to build deep expertise in multiple segments and geographies
- Ability to build a solid understanding of our business and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to deliver successful deal that create value
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and adapt as necessary
- Ability to travel as needed to source opportunities and meet portfolio companies
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.