Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem food is an on-demand app that offers customers a variety of merchants, we are operating in 3 markets in the middle east. We're growing our food product in GCC and have many interesting, yet fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in these challenging markets with strong competitors. The role reports to the Partner Performance Manager.
What You'll Do
- Day-2-Day Food Operations: Ensure optimal experience of customers, partners and captains on a daily basis. Identify and solve ops issues in real time.
- Enhancing and tracking our KPIs: Overall performance metrics such as C/R, reliability and delivery time.
- Collaborating across teams: Collaborating with training, commercial, and supply teams to deliver the best experience for the customer, captain, and partners and achieving our targets.
- Data Analytics: Leveraging insights from analytics data by providing analyses, reports and dashboards for ops initiatives. Actively contribute to the data-driven environment of Careem with best practices, methodology and data visibility.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to identify opportunities for growth and enhance customer experience. Analyze data to make decisions and continuous process improvements to deliver a consistent world-class customer experience
- Continuous Improvement: Analyze data to make decisions and continuous process improvements to deliver a robust awesome customer experience
- Overall Operations: Work cross-functionally to drive preemptive CX improvement actions via data analytics, process & live on-ground operations to ensure quality of experience of our customers.
- Rollout of new product features: Facilitate product roll outs on a needs basis: drive adoption, govern go to market process
What You'll Need
- A strong understanding of the operations and supply performance and ability to comb through large data sets to find actionable insights to drive business goals.
- 2+ years of work experience preferably in an Operations role is highly desirable.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree (Business, Engineering, Data Analytics) from a reputable academic institution.
- Proficiency in SQL and Spreadsheets. Experience with Tableau would be a plus.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, manage multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment.
- A strong understanding of the operations performance and ability to analyze through large data sets to find actionable insights to drive business goals.
- Confident, outgoing and with a predisposition to learn and teach others.
- Flexible in terms of traveling across different cities
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.