Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager in the Ads team, you will be leading and owning the Product vision and Strategy for Careem’s Advertising division, a new revenue stream to leverage our everything app nature, and enable growth for our partners. This role is a crucial Product Leadership role and requires experience in building 0 to 1 ads platforms, and scaling those to enable hockey stick growth. The key purpose of the Senior Product Manager is to drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap as well as build and mentor a strong Product team.
This role requires a unique blend of product excellence, strategic / commercial thinking, technical acumen, distinctive communication and collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between leadership, function heads, engineering, design, operations, commercial, marketing and executive management. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career. This role would also require close collaboration with the commercial/sales teams for advertising, and thought leadership to set the direction for Ads at Careem to maximize impact.
- Product Areas: Leading the product area for Careem’s Advertising division with end to end ownership of the user and partner experience to drive growth while enabling success of the business model
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the ads workstream, working closely with the markets, different lines of business, product managers, data scientist, analytics, designers and engineers.
- Roadmap: Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable for the impact and outcome.
- Collaboration: Working closely with vertical teams to enable cross cutting experiences, as well as collaborating on the partner value proposition into a unified platform for all Careem business partners (e.g. restaurants, brands, stores, tenants etc.)
- Thought leadership : Setting up the operating model for ads sales, working closely with the commercial teams
- Stakeholder Management: Shielding the team and managing stakeholders, bringing stability and principled framework for decision making and prioritization.
- Team Development: Managing, growing, and mentoring the Partner Platform product team members.
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class team, guided by first principles from science and economics, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
- 5+ years of product management experience in customer-facing, B2B or SaaS products on a global scale across a mix of 0 to 1 products and scaling growth
- Clear evidence of unlocking crazy, product-led growth in the B2B/B2B2C space e.g. Marketplaces, e-commerce, quick commerce (food, grocery delivery), urban mobility, SuperApps, fin-tech or similar
- Technical background preferred, experience with building advertising products, or scaling advertising businesses is a plus
- Platform mindset — experience in building scalable and flexible solutions that enable a variety of use-cases
- Champion in product management best practices and working in empowered product teams that deliver great outcomes for customers
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership and senior executives
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Impact driven with experimentation and simulation mindset, with experience in common pitfalls and avoiding being fooled by randomness.
- Proactiveness and clarity in unblocking and managing cross-vertical and cross-functional dependencies and communication.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking, and sound judgment
- Drive and motivation: You are motivated to make an impact, deliver results quickly, and raise the bar in the region’s ecosystem
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.