Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem BIKE (a Careem Vertical) is now in Madinah KSA - introducing the first public network of electric bicycles and scooters. We are excited to help improve quality of life and encourage healthier living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Careem BIKE stations in Medina advance Saudi Arabia’s sustainability agenda which is being delivered through Vision 2030 and the Saudi Green Initiative. We are looking for talented colleagues to join us in this exciting journey.
What you'll do
An Operations Supervisor looks after the Field Team’s performance, efficiency and productivity and provides essential and critical reports related to the people, operations and overall Network Condition to Operations Manager, Engineers and Management team - ensuring smooth operations on a daily basis .
- Conducts training. Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you'll need
Minimum Requirements (Mandatory)
- Minimum 2-3 years previous experience as an operations supervisor or similar role
- KSA Driving license
- Experience with bicycle and sustainability transportation advocacy
- Affinity for IT solutions and app based services
- Excellent communications skills including cross cultural skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Love of bicycles and understanding of the bike sharing industry
- Ability to identify priorities and execute critical tasks under deadlines
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to lead employees efficiently and fairly
- Patience and the ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
- Flexibility and the willingness to sometimes work on holidays and after hours
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.