Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem Pay’s vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, captains and merchants. Its purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services.
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, we are building a team of energized, start-up-minded colleagues who are super excited about the massive fintech opportunity in the region.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to lead the development and management of our customer onboarding product, which is a critical first touchpoint for our users. This role will be responsible for defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the onboarding product, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, build, and launch features that provide a seamless and secure onboarding experience for our users.
The onboarding journey is the most important first step in the user journey where they interact with the product (Careem Pay Home), decide to use the product, go through the KYC process and make their first successful transaction – all the other product offerings within Careem Pay depend on this.
What you'll do
- You'll genuinely grasp the needs of our customers and recognize the significance our product holds in their daily lives.
- You’ll guide your team to focus on, build and ship the features that make the Careem Pay onboarding the best fintech onboarding in the region
- Establishing confidence in key growth areas and questioning them to discover swifter or more efficient methods to expand the market.
- Develop and communicate the product vision and roadmap for the onboarding product, aligned with the company's overall business goals.
- Facilitating seamless team execution by diving into the specifics and collaborating closely with engineers, identifying potential issues early on, and taking proactive measures to address or escalate them.
- Conduct user research and market analysis to identify customer needs and market trends, and use that information to inform product decisions.
- (In due course) Recruiting and integrating new members into the team.
- Collaborate with compliance and legal teams to ensure that the onboarding product meets regulatory requirements, including KYC/AML compliance.
What you’ll need
- Your fervor for crafting exceptional products, addressing pivotal challenges, and wholly embracing the user experience is unmistakable.
- You are hands-on and enjoy delivering features – Your innate interest in the product's composition is matched by your enthusiasm for its creation.
- You possess the knack to inspire the team to aim higher, converge on a shared mission, and chart a lucid roadmap to reach it, guiding your team to deconstruct intricate challenges into manageable, progressive steps.
- Your deep understanding of our users empowers you to swiftly pinpoint key issues, substantiating your perspectives with tangible data over mere conjectures.
- You're instrumental in steering your team towards informed choices, offering insights on system design and methodology.
- Your commitment to perpetual enhancement is evident, be it through engaging with users, conceptualizing interfaces, coding, or strategizing expansion.
- Your decisions are anchored in data – You excel in emphasizing the benefits you bring to users and rallying Careem Pay with the compelling narrative your insights craft.
Where you'll be
- Even though we are working remotely 3 days per week, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.