Careem is building ‘the everything app’ for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
The Careem Data Science team’s mission is to drive competitive value from data at scale through building AI models to optimize user experiences, decision making, operational efficiencies, and lead the region’s AI ecosystem. As one of the leaders in this team, you will be at the forefront of fulfilling this mission. You will be working with and leading the top data science talent of the region, leveraging AI to solve the region’s day to day problems, through state-of-the art machine learning, optimization, deep learning, and RL models, that are deployed on top of our own in-house AI platform, serving users in real-time.
What you'll do
- Build a long-term vision on how we can rethink our customer acquisition and engagement strategies leveraging data in our decision making.
- Drive exploratory analysis to understand the ecosystem, user behavior; identifying new levers to help move metrics and build models of user behaviors for analysis and product enhancements.
- Shape and influence data/ML models and instrumentation to optimize the product experience and generate insights on new areas of opportunity and new products.
- Provide product leadership by sharing data-based recommendation to communicate state of business, root cause of change in metrics and experimentation results influencing product and business decision
- Implement scalable machine learning algorithms that will be used in production on big data.
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Answer complex analytic questions from big data sets to help Careem shape its products and services in a better way.
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams.
- You will always challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practices.
What you'll need
- Experience in data mining, predictive modeling, time series analysis, machine learning, Big Data methodologies, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong problem solving and coding skills.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with marketplace problems in ride hailing and delivery services.
- Solid knowledge of AB testing, classic ML and DL
- Solid understanding of recommendations, learning to rank, uplift modeling and matching problems.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in: Python, SQL, Spark, Hive.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, BigQuery, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL).
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik) along with geospatial data processing skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organization that offers flexible ways of working from the office and home.
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day