Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the role
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
As a Data & Analytics Manager, you’ll be responsible for bringing data orientation into decision-making across functions and topics within Grocery. This is a unique role with the opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region.
We’re looking for someone with an amazing understanding of the online grocery market. Our ideal candidate is someone that excels at analyzing data, makes data-driven recommendations and that relentlessly focuses on customers and desires to understand their current & future needs.
What you’ll do
- Be the custodian of the key business metrics and analyses that powers business decisions
- Structure the analyses needed to answer key business questions, work with analysts to perform analyses and derive insights
- Translate data into insights in clear, concise and actionable presentations/reports to guide business decision and present to grocery leadership team
- Drive business growth through product funnel enhancements
- Designing experiments to test whether the interventions will drive growth for the business
- Build a strong feedback loop on product features with the product team
- Work very closely with the commercial teams across markets to scale product features’ roll-out
- Optimize & automate dashboards and reports to serve day-to-day data and analytics requests
- Create new data platforms where needed to unlock new types of insights
What you’ll need
Successful candidates will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
An enthusiastic and driven professional who is excited about understanding the business context and nuances, translating business asks to analytics requests, lead the analysis and derive business insights.
- 3-4 years of work experience in analytics roles in a high-growth tech startup or similar data-heavy, product environments
- Highly proficient in SQL and Tableau or equivalent visualization tool (with 2-3 yr professional experience)
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to various audiences in a clear manner both written and verbally
- Sharp business acumen in order to identify and solve business problems using data
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Basic understanding of growth marketing will be a plus
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.