Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the Role
Careem Grocery is a grocery delivery platform that offers customers access to a variety of supermarkets and convenience stores. As a Picker Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing teams of pickers and store support staff as they work to fulfill grocery orders for Careem.
What you'll do
- Manage inventory updates, including stock takes
- Ordering inventory and managing deliveries from suppliers
- Supervising pickers
- Supervise the store and oversee its requirements
- Ensure the POS system is used effectively
- Ensure the right riders get the right orders
What you’ll need
We are looking for a candidate with good work ethic, problem solving, and people management skills. You need to think on your feet and quickly solve challenging problems to ensure we deliver the best customer experiences.
- Experience in supermarket/convenience store management, with a minimum of 2-3 years experience
- Strong team management skills, with the ability to quickly address challenges
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to handle customers queries or challenges
- Strong problem solving skills, you must be quick on your feet
- Hands on approach, you work with your team
- Experience using computers, familiarity with Excel, Word, email
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.