At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the role:
We are looking for a App Performance Marketing Manager to join our world class growth-marketing team to champion marketing excellence with a paid media focus. You will be responsible for an oversight of Careem’s acquisition strategies. You will ensure quality and develop best practices. Digital strategies include performance marketing and branding across Paid Search, Paid Social, Display Programmatic and Video.
Careem is data and performance driven, and we want someone who can demonstrate innovation across performance marketing and data analytics. You will have come from a pure performance marketing background with a clear connection to data.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the oversight of Careem’s digital performance marketing
- Ensures that business requirements/project briefs are well understood, converted to an internal version, and cascaded to the team in a clear, complete, and accurate manner
- Ensures that business issues are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Oversees the implementations of all channels
- Performance Marketing and Branding across Paid Search, Paid Social, Display Programmatic and Video.
- Demonstrate innovation across performance marketing and data analytics
- Build and manage close working relationships with internal digital strategy planners and media partners
- Set annual media strategy for all categories, lead on account development plans to maximise long-term performance and growth of platform overall
What you'll need
- Extensive PPC & Data-Driven Digital Strategy experience
- Google Marketing Platform (SA 360 / DV 360 / GA 360 / Campaign Manager)
- Understanding of attribution and experience working with MMPs (Mobile Measurement Partner) and AAP (App Attribution Partner) like Adjust, AppsFlyer, Firebase
- Understanding of data studio or any other dash boarding tools
- Previous experience with optimising App campaigns
- Experience with the automation of tasks, this is something you will be encouraged to do.
- Devising and developing strategies, proposals & pitching to the business
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day