At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the Team :
The Ethics & Compliance Department (hereinafter “E&C”) is a fully empowered and authorized, independent assurance and strategic advisory function with the main objective of ensuring consistent application and dissemination of ethical and anti- corruption/fraud business practices across Careem’s functions and operations.
What you'll do
- Consulting with the legal department and advising leadership and management on compliance matters.
- Identifying, investigating, and reporting compliance issues, irregularities, and violations.
- Tracking and responding to complaints.
- Maintaining records of compliance activities.
- Preparing and filing compliance reports.
- Reviewing documentation, processes, and practices.
- Developing and enacting regulatory compliance strategies.
- Providing training in compliance practices and procedures.
- Monitoring compliance and facilitating interventions to manage risks.
- Performing compliance audits and compiling reports.
- Documenting compliance-related processes and maintaining records.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of compliance.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures, and other relevant regulatory standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Documenting and reporting skills
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day