At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What you'll do
- The Ads CMS Specialist, will lead the Ads operations and setup process, solving for excellence in execution and ensuring we are launching the best quality ads aligned with guidelines, as well as with the advertiser briefs.
- This person will guide the content execution process and support the development and maintenance of the Ads systems.
- Strong CRM know-how, technical knowledge on CMS, JIRA, Braze, general understanding of Brand/Creative guidelines are useful.
- The ability to problem-solve and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and exceptional process & time management skills are required.
- Build and maintain the playbook on setting ads, to ensure the right level of guardrails and oversight in setting up ads for customers on the app
- Lead on the development of the ads tool to support new requirements and/or developments within our tools and guidelines.
- Develop the knowledge and understanding of the Ads UI across users to enable them to be self sufficient, and to champion the Ads UI across the wider business to maximize the impact
- Proactively monitor users’ activity within the Ads UI and lead on troubleshooting any issues.
What you’ll need
- Min 2-3 years of relevant experience on CMS / CRM tools management
- Working experience with Slack, JIRA
- Having an aesthetic eye in assessing creative content
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to deliver multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and be adaptable to change.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently to get things done.
- English proficiency / Arabic proficiency
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day