At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the role
This is a mid-senior level role and the person will collaborate with the CoEs to make data-driven decisions. This person will work closely with the various cross functional teams to provide insights and data driven solutions. This person should have strong technical skills with a good grasp of statistical concepts. This person should have experience in leading and mentoring junior analysts
- Lead a high-performing team of analysts to develop data products, analyze consumer data and provide insights to drive high-impact business growth
- Define and steer the unit’s strategy and frame strategic opportunities in a structured, analytical way to clearly communicate options, risks, and trade-offs
- Deliver actionable insights via scalable reporting stack & dashboards allowing end-users to identify performance trends, determine root cause, and enable cross-functional actions
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to implement scalable, self-serviceable, and easy-to-understand data lake/warehouse to be used by global and regional teams
- Drive reporting, analysis, strategy, and program management of the performance diagnosis program and collaborate with the leadership team in defining KPIs and critical studies/analyses
- Drive performance improvement and cost containment through the identification and reduction of call(contact) drivers, detractor drivers, incidents, and complaints
- Represent the Care Service & Operations department on multiple cross-functional projects
- Support strategic planning processes as well as weekly, monthly and quarterly business reporting along with leading performance reviews with leadership & commercial teams
Qualifications & Skills required
- 8+ years experience in customer service, e-commerce, or strategy-related field
- Bachelor's, Master’s, Ph.D. degree in Math, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Experienced people manager who has effectively managed high-performing talent, managed employees in different locations, and contributed to department talent planning
- Significant and demonstrated experience in data tools such as Python, SQL, Tableau and spreadsheets to extract raw data from databases and transform data into insightful reports
- Project management, planning, and organization skills, including the ability to work with varied projects in a fast-paced environment
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive
- High tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to drive action despite incomplete information along with optimally in teams with varied strengths, including key leaders and executives
- An excellent story-teller, who can communicate insights effectively and suggest clear business actions
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day