At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What you'll do:
- Ensure high acquisition funnel throughput with higher conversion rates across various steps and channels (Ride Hailing and Food)
- Plan and execute acquisition strategy utilizing multiple channels and allocating budgets efficiently to reduce Captain Acquisition Cost
- Ensure acquisition of compliant captains as per the regulatory framework of KSA (drive high compliance rates of captains)
- Drive all product launches with Basecamp product teams and prioritize based on market needs
- Coordinate with product team for feature enhancements, captain onboarding journey and relevant platform updates
- Drive acquisition related analytics ensuring maximization of retention, available hours, quality of new captains
- Manage relations with external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies and external partners
- Have a solid view on what metrics the teams should be using to drive the business as well as to make decisions
- Challenge the status quo that is defined at a HQ level and use your knowledge of the market to come up with metrics that suit the local reality of the market
- Gather local insights from the team, filter them based on potential impact and use those insights to feed product teams with localization ideas and or with high impact problem statements
- Have a complete picture on the overall country/city P&L and negotiate with finance stakeholders on budget allocation
- Take big bold bets on how/where money should be allocated in order to drive overall company/country objectives
- Coaching and mentoring who constantly provides constructive feedback to your team and invests time in developing them
- Hunt for opportunities for business growth to take on new positions or new initiatives
- You are a living, breathing example of Careem values and invest considerable time on making sure that the team understands and live by the Careem values and OS
What you'll need:
Experiences: At least +7 years of experience
Language: Proficiency in English and Arabic
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day