At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 16 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎.
About the role:
The senior Genesys engineer is ultimately responsible for managing the Careem contact center platform across all markets and providing day to day support to run the platform and applying system and application changes to meet business requirements and service reliability targets.
You will work closely with the Head of IT Infrastructure to understand the product roadmap and be able to identify and implement innovative technical solutions. You will provide support for the entire Genesys infrastructure with continuous improvement. You will serve as technical support engineer on all call center initiatives related to the Genesys platform.
Excellent customer service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our customers every time! As a Genesys system engineer, you will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service using the Genesys platform.
- Administer, configure and support large-scale multi-channel Contact Center environment
- Deploy and integrate Genesys Voice Platform
- Design and coordinate IVR application developments.
- Perform load test of the platform
- Develop routing strategies for routing email/chat interaction
- Ownership and accountability for environment readiness, ensuring the platform is appropriately scaled to meet business needs
- Support Voice platform, working with the global and regional teams to identify and define deliverables.
- Identifying system and process improvements relating to the Contact Centre Voice Platform, recommending new solutions and system utilization.
- Develop routing strategies for routing voice/email/chat interaction
- Provide maintenance and technical support for Genesys engage platform.
- Investigate the quality of voice and data loss on the network.
- Provide onsite and remote support, plan and design and implement change requests.
- Assist in technical documentation related to the project (SoW, Design doc, As-Built…etc)
- Prepare engineering specifications based on business requirements
- Provide technical and operational day-to-day support for Genesys platform, improve, optimize and enhance system and operational performance
- Serve as (or grow into) a subject matter expert on Genesys
- Degree in computer science or similar discipline.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Target driven and have good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Professional experience in Genesys interaction platform. Previous experience working with Genesys SDK is a plus.
- 2+ years of Voice Engineering, telephony experience and digital interactions (chat, email, IWD)
- Preferred Certified Genesys Engineer
- Experience with Genesys / Contact center call routing and troubleshooting routing issues in production on call
- Extensive experience with Genesys 8.x platform architecture
- Genesys Framework (Config + Management)
- Clear understanding of reporting (GIM/ICON) schema and impacts to reporting with respect to routing changes
- Experience in developing Routing workflows using Composer
Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a hybrid working environment
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day