At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be leading the Express product team spearheading a variety of merchant-facing products to further our B2B delivery business. We are at a critical juncture of growth where we are focused on building scalable products to create efficiencies and reliable fulfilment experiences for our merchant partners. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be in the driver seat to create product led growth for a vertical that is followed closely by Careem leadership for a billion dollar TAM business.
What you will do:
- SPOC: Becoming the single point of contact of all problem and opportunity spaces, product development in Express while managing competing priorities and tradeoffs.
- Product Areas: Lead the products for Express vertical ranging from interfaces and APIs for booking creation and fulfilment tracking, core internal backend systems for managing the vertical, various cross functional products to enable and grow business in close collaboration with other teams such as Payments, Billing & Settlements, Captain and Marketplace.
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the Express product team working closely with the markets, product, data science, analytics, and engineers.
- Roadmap: Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable for the impact and outcome.
- Execution: Executing and delivering on measurable results in a high throughput and a high performing environment.
- Voice of Data: Constantly surfacing and examining the opportunities from mining the wealth of data and prioritising based on ROI/Opportunity cost.
- Stakeholders Management: Shielding the team and managing stakeholders, bringing stability and principled framework for decision making and prioritisation.
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class product, guided by first principle thinking, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
What you'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience in a business facing product
- Strong analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills to break down problem spaces, identifying root causes and potential solutions
- Focused on impact and outcomes using quantitative and qualitative insights to identify problems and creating solutions
- Expertise in User Research to extract actual needs and to validate your product ideas
- Focused on shipping early and often with iterative product building and experimentation
- Strong leadership and communication skills in informing and aligning stakeholders on roadmap, timelines and impact
- Drive and Motivation: You are motivated to make an impact, deliver results quickly, and raise the bar in the region’s ecosystem.
What is a good to have:
- Experience in the B2B delivery space and the strategic positioning of the different players in the ecosystem.
- Entrepreneurial skills and mindset to drive outsized impact with tight constraints.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a hybrid working environment
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day