Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
What you'll do
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications written in Kotlin, Java and Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great
mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Own end-to-end product modules and features from requirements to going live.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to your peers on technical matters.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end-users and advocate delightful user experiences.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Participate in team agile and engineering practices and lead their continuous evolution.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of Android application development with extensive use of Kotlin Multi Platform and well-known DI frameworks.
- Experience building well architected applications that follow well established design patterns independently and without supervision.
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under Android, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading and publishing Android apps in the Play Store.
- Experience working with remote teams in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Reactive programming (Rx, ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift etc.) experience is a big plus.
- Experience in Navigation based applications is a big plus.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.