At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Food all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you’ll do
· Manage a territory within Dubai and own the growth and scaling of the Careem Food business in the territory
· Recruit, train and manage a team of Sales and Account Managers to drive revenue and exceed targets
· Encourage, support and develop the team, monitoring their success and conducting regular performance reviews
· Develop and execute a business plan to scale and gain market share for the business.
· Develop and sustain solid relationships with key partners
· Develop a thorough understanding of partners’ needs and requirements and preparing customized solutions.
· Negotiate contracts with key partners and creating solutions for partners’ long term goals
· Be a key part of the UAE food leadership team responsible for the overall direction and growth of the business
· Encourage and lead collaboration between teams
What you’ll need
· Strong business acumen, with an ability to understand the different moving parts that drive a business.
· This is not a desk role, and therefore the ability and bias for rolling your sleeves up and spending time on the field is critical.
· Excellent interpersonal and interpersonal skills. You will be the face of the Careem in that territory, and part of the leadership team.
· Strong customer relationship skills, with the ability to develop and build profitable and successful working relationships.
· You are highly goal oriented, have a strong bias for action, and are a hands-on, problem solver. Yes this is mentioned twice, because it’s that important.
· You demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day