At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, we are building a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited about the massive fintech opportunity in the region.
What you'll do
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan
- Work with Business teams to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilising BI (Tableau, Redash & SQL) tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance and results
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on product lines
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability
- Managing a team of Financial Analysts
What you'll need
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Professional qualification such as CFA or CA or ACCA or CPA
- Significant analytical skillset, including the utilisation of BI and reporting tools
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, including MS Excel and other accounting packages
Where you'll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day