At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the role
We are looking for a progressive people development leader to drive development and execution of engaging and scalable learning products (across all levels of the organisation) that will challenge and support thousands of our colleagues across the region to be their best. You will have a unique opportunity to set and deliver on a bold learning vision and help evolve Careem in its journey to become a lasting institution that inspires. If you’re passionate about people’s growth and are skilled in creating and strategising high impact learning experiences that result in meaningful behavioural change, then we’ll be happy to hear from you!
Senior Manager - Learning & Development will collaborate closely with the Culture and Organisational Development teams to leverage synergies and increase impact across all organisational development initiatives and talent programmes, and as such will report into the Senior Director leading those teams.
What you'll do
- Own the creation and execution of the overall learning and development strategy
- Lead the design and implementation of a wide range of company-wide and/or team specific L&D products, including colleague capability building programmes for our Remote First culture, people management journeys, leadership development, and key talent growth experiences to enable building a continuous learning culture
- Work with leaders, people engagement partners and other people team functions on building a highly engaged and performing organisation by actively identifying and driving targeted learning and growth opportunities for individuals and teams
- Drive learning adoption through innovative techniques and reinforcement mechanisms based on the latest behavioural research and insights
- Act as a thought leader on diverse people development topics including talent retention, performance development, new approaches to career growth, leadership development, building and cultivating continuous learning culture
- Research and experiment with future-oriented people development approaches to ensure high impact learning experiences
- Drive continuous identification, assessment and development of current and future skills critical to realise our mission
What you'll need
- Deep and broad knowledge of how people learn, develop skills and evolve their behaviours
- Expertise in designing and implementing impactful learning products in progressive organisations
- Well developed facilitation, listening, and coaching capabilities
- Knowledge of Agile and user centric design principles
- Ability to diagnose and understand capability gaps and developmental opportunities within the business
- People management experience
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to influence and make impactful communication with all levels of the organization
- Ability to tackle ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Where you'll be
- Even though we are working largely remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams; as such you will be required to come to the office 1 day per week. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day