At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the Role
The role of Sales and Account Manager calls for a rare combination of negotiation expertise, relationship management, business strategy, operational excellence and problem solving. A successful Sales and Account Manager deeply understands our key restaurant partners to best be able to identify and improve the core business metrics for both the restaurant and Careem.
About the Team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Food all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you'll do
- Key Account Management: Develop strong long-lasting relationships as the main point of contact. You are responsible for Key restaurant partners engagement and satisfaction.
- Growth: You are responsible for driving business growth of Accounts and improving on their commercial and operational performance
- Analysis: Analyze data on accounts performance and quantify your actions. All decisions should be backed up by data to improve performance of key accounts.
- Performance Meetings: You complete merchant performance reviews monthly and draw out next month’s plans based on what was discussed.
- Partner with internal teams: Work closely with internal stakeholders and supply, merchant and customer domains to ensure meeting growth objectives.
What you'll need
- Previous experience in Account Management and Commercial roles
- Excellent attention to detail, people skills and organization skills.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Strong problem solving skills and comfortable analyzing data
- Demonstrate experience using Microsoft Office tools and related project/program management applications to drive best practice
- You must be a self-starter as we’ll look for you to manage your own time and priorities here.
Where you'll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day