At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
Careem Pay’s vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, partners and merchants. It’s purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services.
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, we are building a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited about the massive fintech opportunity in the region.
Careem Pay is looking for a rockstar Merchant Business Development Manager who will have laser focus only on one goal; to identify and lock key partnerships for Careem Pay merchant business across the region, that bring desired results both in terms of growth as well as business performance.
What you'll do
- Develop a comprehensive merchant partnerships plan in-line with Careem Pay merchant onboarding strategy
- Lead all aspects of deal execution, from business case development, to deal structuring and negotiating
- Work with Finance to build the relevant Revenue models based on merchant segment (pricing, pricing model, transaction economics, merchant economics) for the specific strategy
- Map the acquirer market to identity and implement the most efficient (cost and reliability) model for the merchant segment strategy
- Contribute to shaping our merchant partnership framework and operational strategy and identify both new areas of focus or existing areas that can be improved across our partner ecosystem
- Good understanding of Agile methods in order to communicate meaningfully with Product and Technology teams
- Lead and champion the growth of Careem Pay through material and meaningful partnerships across the region
What you'll need
- You have at least 5 years of work experience and have a degree from an accredited university.
- Preferably have a strong merchant and/or growth-related role, ideally with another payments provider.
- You are well connected with the digital payments ecosystem and you have experience in managing partner projects and relationships.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- A born networker with a proven track record with commercial edge and an entrepreneurial mindset.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day