At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What you'll do
The Cyber Incident Engineer will work with business teams across the global organization to execute the Information Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance strategy, extending processes as necessary to help business partners identify information security risks and manage risks to an acceptable level.
- Being the point of contact to drive all cyber incidents managed by Cyber Defense Team
- Create incident reports
- Keep incidents status up to date through regular updates
- Oversee all aspects of incident management process from evaluation to resolution
- Maintain daily communication with the analyst team
- Drive incidents to a conclusion based on SLAs and criticality level
- Coordinate the activities of analysts and parties external to the Cyber Defense Team involved in incident response
- Define improvement over incident playbooks
- Prepare weekly incident status report
- Monitor intelligence sources to maintain situational awareness of cyber threat landscape
- Responsible for defining, socializing, and implementing a cyber resiliency framework and associated controls
- Responsible for the enterprise business continuity and disaster recovery program
- Responsible for 3rd party supply chain cyber resilience control definition
- Responsible for third party vendor access inventory, third party access standards and assessments
- Provide input into architecture and engineering solutions
- Subject matter expert for cyber resiliency
- Regularly assesses recovery capability and report on status to stakeholder groups
- Drive resiliency/disaster recovery program to meet RTO and RPO objectives
- Identify, track, and report meaningful performance/progress metrics on the state of cyber resiliency, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Originate action to improve existing conditions and processes; identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas, and implement solutions
- Work closely with SOC, Operations Teams
- Manage the full life-cycle of Security Incidents
What you'll need
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud and security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
- 3+ years of experience with any combination of the following: cloud security, threat modelling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
- Knowledge of SOC Functions
- Knowledge of Red Teaming
- Knowledge of Crisis Management
- Lifecycle of Security Incident Management
- Expert understanding of cyber resilience requirements at an enterprise level
- Leveraging cyber security best practice frameworks to align and measure resiliency programs
- Threat intelligence and incident response processes and procedures
- Identity and access management concepts and solution implementation including zero-trust approach
- Email security and related controls
- Digital forensics capabilities and solutions
- System log management and analysis
- Network, O/S, database, and application-l cyber resilience controls
- Defining and facilitating incident response tabletop exercises
- Understanding of enterprise threats, vulnerabilities, and resilience countermeasures
Where you'll be
- This role is part of a remote distributed team! This means you can be based in any of the countries where we currently have an engineering site. If you would like to join us in Dubai, Berlin, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon or Jordan, that's fine with us (Visa permitting)!
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day