At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What you'll do
We are looking for a Growth Manager to join our world-class Growth Marketing team.
The purpose of the Growth Lead's role is to drive the vertical’s customer growth planning and decision making. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Product teams, Marketing Managers and the Central Growth Team, providing insights and solutions to various growth issues and driving forward strategic direction.
- Own the customer lifecycle management process - by running campaigns and working with product teams on features and improvements
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of discover untapped areas of growth to scale and programmatically automate the growth process across different Careem verticals
- Find ideas to improve growth KPIs by continuously A/B testing different ideas
- Work in cross-functional teams with product, engineering and marketing side by side to tackle growth
- Build dashboards for monitoring KPIs and performances
- Provide guidance to the organization on targets and budgets
What you'll need
- Statistics - A/B testing, uplift calculation, p-test, t-test, statistical significance
- SQL - Intermediate to proficient skills to perform data analysis
- Tableau - Dashboard design and automation
- Experience in CRM and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Braze, Optimizely is a plus
- Experience in data science/ machine learning projects (Predictions, classifications)
- Python - Scripting and automation of tasks (Pandas, Numpy, Requests, JSON)
Where you'll be
- This role is part of a remote distributed team! This means you can be based in any of the countries where we currently have an engineering site. If you would like to join us in Dubai, Berlin, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon or Jordan, that's fine with us (Visa permitting)!
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day